Who We Are
The American Veterinary Medical Law Association (AVMLA) is a national association of attorneys, veterinarians, and other individuals and organizations with an interest in veterinary medical law and how it pertains to the veterinary profession and allied fields. AVMLA was incorporated in 1994 as a nonprofit organization with the following objectives:
- Provide information to members regarding pertinent issues in the field of veterinary medical law.
- Increase public awareness and understanding of the impact of law on all aspects of veterinary medicine.
- Facilitate interactions among organizations, regulatory agencies and the courts for the benefit of society.
Distinguished Lifetime Members
The American Veterinary Medical Law Association (AVMLA) is proud to honor our Distinguished Lifetime Members. Established in 2013, this award is to recognize long serving members of the association, we are proud to award to one member annually. AVMLA Distinguished Lifetime Member application.
Considerations for objective and subjective criteria include:
- Have served as AVMLA president a full term.
- Have attended over 5 AVMLA annual conferences.
- Have been a speaker for at least three: annual conferences or webinars.
- A paying member for 10 years and/or…
- Served as a board member
- Attended a minimum of five conferences.
- Must be a lawyer or veterinarian.
- Contributions to the profession.
AVMLA Distinguished Lifetime Members Recipients:
- 2016 Gregory M. Dennis, JD (posthumously awarded)
- 2013 Duane Flemming, DVM, JD, DACVO